In 2016, a colleague invited me to go to a Joyce Meyer conference. We found a great spot fifteen rows back from the center of the stage. I struck up a conversation with the usher and asked how she was able to be part of the crew. She said it was a volunteer role that she signed up for months before and one of the perks to volunteering is that Joyce visits their groups several times during their meeting and prayer time. She was able to see behind the scenes and even met Joyce in person. I thanked her for her time and thought nothing more about our conversation.
Later, the usher asked us if we would like to sit closer to the stage. We said sure and thanked her. As we were walking, I leaned over to my colleague and said “wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could sit on the front row?” And guess what happened? We were escorted to two reserved front row seats right in front of center stage.
God is truly amazing, isn’t He? He gave us the desire of our heart.
After the conference, I bought a couple of teaching cd’s and loaned them to my colleague. When we got to our cars, in return, she loaned me a cd and book called Imagine Big. She said that Joyce Meyer was a mentor for the author and motivational speaker Terri Savelle Foy and that her teachings really helped her see God’s vision for her life. Listening to Joyce and Terri’s teachings changed my life as well. I did not know how much until about 6 months later. The things I learned about vision and dreams from Terri, came pouring into my mind as I had to prepare to look for another job. I bought a book of my own, spent time in prayer and God’s word and wrote all the things that He put on my heart. I made a vision board, affirmation board, prayer board and took the necessary steps to reach my goals and dreams. This totally transformed my life!
Last month, I focused on 5 of the 10 keys that I learned from Terri Savelle Foy’s teachings. Here are five more keys that I hope will bless your life as you learn to apply them.
- God blesses your believing. Jesus saw people’s believing by their action. Like in the gospels, when friends of a paralyzed man tore off the roof and lowered him down in front of Jesus. He healed the man because of their believing action. Terri emphasizes that faith and fear are two choices. The bible said faith comes by hearing the word of God. Faith comes first, then fear leaves.
- Trust that God gave you the dream for a reason and don’t stop until you have reached your goal. It is not always easy. In fact, sometime it will require every ounce of strength and time that we have. God will bless our sacrifice. I got my present job by getting up and putting in a little more extra hours looking for permanent work while I was working a full-time temporary job.
- Thank God ahead of time before you ever goals and dreams in the physical realm. Offer praise and thanksgiving before it ever happens. This is a gate opener Terri says. God will work behind the scenes for what he is about to do. He is not a man that he should lie. Thank God for promotion, for great health, to finish the book, and for your family staying together.
- Speak about your dreams daily. Look at them and take action on them daily. Make it a habit by carving out time in your schedule and routine. Do it daily, every day. One of her favorite things to say is “The secret to your success is found in your daily routine.”
- Invest in your dreams. Sow a significant financial seed for every dream. Don’t expect a harvest unless you sow the seed. She gave to a church before she ever had a ministry. She gave to nonprofits who were taking care of teenage girls before she ever wrote a dream journal that is distributed throughout the world. She hosted baby showers for people before she ever had a child. If you need a significant breakthrough, name your seed, give and reap the harvest of your generosity.
Terri is starting to tour around the United States and in a couple of months, will be speaking at an event that I am helping to plan. Comment below or contact me if you would like to know more about the conference. If you would like to know more about Terri and see your dreams and goals manifest in your life, visit her website at: https://www.terri.com/