April is here and we are already a quarter done with 2019. Wow. I can’t even wrap my head around that. I could swear that just last week it was Valentine’s Day and now Easter has already come and gone. And what about goals for the New Year? How can I resurrect the passion and desire that I had at the beginning of the year and continue my course until I accomplish all that God has put on my heart to do? How can I unbury those dreams that I keep putting off until “someday”?
One of my favorite speakers and author, Terri Savelle Foy, loves to remind us of something she learned from other motivational speakers: “someday” is not a day of the week. Our week does not go “Saturday, Someday, Monday”. In all of her books and podcasts, she continually talks about how she finally learned to accomplish the dreams that God has placed in her heart. That is why she is called the “cheerleader of dreams.”
I am devoting April and May blog posts to the 10 Keys that I learned from Terri’s books, podcasts and cd’s regarding how to resurrect the dreams and goals in our heart and live the life that we have always wanted. Here are a few keys that I learned from her over the past three years:
- Dream big now and take action now. The bible says faith without works is dead. It will never be the perfect time to start on our goals. In fact, I have found that when I start, it is always tough at the beginning because we are breaking an old habit to make room for the new one.
- Don’t put our dreams on hold. Procrastination is a thief and a liar. It says you can wait until tomorrow and you will have more time. That is a lie. We always have the same amount of time each day. It is what we chose to do with it that matters. It says that we will have more energy to do it tomorrow. Putting things off actually drains our energy because we mentally have to think about the things that are piling up not getting done. And now it has stolen two days and counting.
- Take the first step and God will show you the next. Terri learned French and then studied French in college way before her books ever were translated in the language or before she ever had the vision to bring her ministry there. She got the vision, got a map, wrote and translated a book, took a trip and spoke about it to anyone who would listen. Now her books and ministry are booming in France.
- Don’t ask how it will be done. Know that if God said he wants you to do it, His will be done! Terri harps a lot on not letting our minds get bogged down with asking God how it will be done. It is a day by day trust thing, depending on God the whole way through until we reach our goal.
- Act as though you have what you are dreaming for. Terri’s father preached in a spare bedroom in front of no one years before he preached in front of thousands. Pray over your message and get your sermon ready. God will reward us for our faithfulness and bless us in public for what we have done privately.
I hope that you have enjoyed reading the keys as much as I did putting them together. If you would like to get more wonderful keys about how to resurrect and live the life of your dreams, check back in May. Until then, check out Terri Savelle Foy’s website at https://www.terri.com/ to hear more faith building messages and get access to her life changing resources today. Let me know which one of her resources from her website you enjoyed in the comments listed below. I would love to hear how you are doing.